Bitch about work thread.

BB

haven't not even one clue what it refers to, scent wise... :shrug:

er - what does 'T' stand for then? :D ;)

Luis - you cracked me up with that! :rofl:

anyway - best of luck 'T' ! :)

Be cool - but warm and friendly ;)

or as someone said - be yourself - mostly! (that btw applies to us all ... well - :eek5: :D )

best, BB

Altron

Well, hun', hate to break it to ya, but the detail in your posts are enough info for them to decipher the who's and where's ;)

Yes, but I don't want to post her name on the internet without her knowledge. It would mean a lot to me if you could edit out her name.

So, I saw her at work today, chatted with her for awhile. She didn't mention it at all. I finally brought it up as she was leaving. I told her that my offer to take her to see a movie still stands, and to think about which movie she would like to see and when she would like to see it. She was like "Oh, cool."

So, I don't know what that means. She seems willing, but hesitant.

Ah, whatever, I spent an enjoyable afternoon with her. I was a bit worried that it might be awkward or tense talking with her, but it wasn't.

Maybe the reason that she was a bit hesitant is because I'm friends with her, and she thought that if we went out on a date, we wouldn't really be friends any more. I think it's a load of bullshit, created by a bunch of jerks, because I certainly wouldn't act any different on a date than I would normally. Hopefully she gets that, and takes me up on the offer.

Altron

Nah, it was just Inky, and Prof's quote of Inky.

It's just, I don't feel right having her name attached to this without her knowledge. It's fine if I'm referring to "the girl I like", because that narrows it down to women, of which, there are many. Her name is a little too specific, although, it's very likeily that someone could work backwards with what they know about me and find out her name. It's more of a principle thing than a practical thing.

Altron

So, it will be nice, I'll see her at a ridiculously early meeting tomarrow.

I'll sit next to her, hang out with her, maybe try to firm up some plans.

Mainly, tho, it will be nice to see her.

Professur

Easy, ol' son. You've shown her the bait ... you have to let her take it. Don't jerk it around too much or you'll put her off.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Easy, ol' son. You've shown her the bait ... you have to let her take it. Don't jerk it around too much or you'll put her off.

My thoughts exactly

*wanders off wondering when her and Prof started sharing a brain* :hmm:

Altron

It's just that she doesn't seem too anxious to take it... she hasn't brought it up at all.

I didn't see her that much on Sunday either... the seats on either side of her were taken, so I sat next to someone else. I only really chatted with her for a minute or two.

I need to head in this afternoon to get a replacement for my router and check my schedule. Will that be weird?

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Yeah, you go and talk to her like you do any other day, talk to her for a good 10 minutes, then say something like "you still haven't told me about the movie". And please do not precede it with "ohhh now that I remember..." or she will flat out say no.

Altron

chcr - What?

Luis - That's what the plan is. I need to go in to buy stuff and check my schedule anyway today, so I'll chat with her.

Prof - Well, being that I only was talking to her for about 30 seconds on Sunday, and it was with a bunch of other people, I don't think that there's any problem with her not mentioning it yet. She did tell me that she's busy a lot of the time, and the day I had suggested didn't work out for her. I'm not going to start ignoring her just because she wasn't able to see a movie with me given 24 hours notice.

Professur

I didn't say ignore ... I said you've probably missed your shot.

Let's be honest here. You're a geeky kid years her junior. Your odds were low to start with. Your approach was ... unimaginative. And you drive what most people would automatically think of as a soccer mom special. Now none of those are unsurmountable .... with effort. Frankly, your approach was lackadaisical. You were driving some asshole smoker around when you should have been reserving the front seat for her.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
I think you need to come right out and ask if she's going to take you up on your offer or put this thing to bed.

Altron

I don't think I've missed my shot.

I'm not geeky/nerdy. I used to be, but that was quite some time ago, and most of my coworkers don't remember it.

My approach? Known her for awhile, I get along really well with her, we spend a lot of time talking together. What should I have done differently?

The thing with my car - We're a relatively rich area. Most people have newer cars. Even the people who can't afford good cars have late 90s econoboxes.
My car is distinct, and people like it. Everyone tells me that I have an amazing car. She thinks that I have an amazing car.

I think I've still got a pretty good shot. I think you've got some really good advice, dude, but I also think that I know her a lot better than you do, and I don't think that I've messed anytihng up with her.

Altron

I just don't really know. I like her. Even if she doesn't want to 'go out', I still like her, and I would want to be friends with her. She's just a really cool person, and whether or not we're 'going out', I still think she's a good friend, and I think that she considers me as a friend.

BeardofPants

Yeah, best of luck with that unrequited friend thing. I think prof's right. If she were interested, she woulda been a helluva lot less noncommittal than she's been; but go on hoping, we could all be wrong - gotta reiterate my earlier point though, why would a - how old was she again? - 23? be interested in a high school kid?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I just wanna add that just because she likes you as a friend in no way implies she wants to date you. You keep saying that you still have a "pretty good shot" but really you don't know if you ever had a shot to date her. That's the way life goes, you never really know until the other person tells you. With that said...you're gonna need to know when to just give up on it because otherwise you'll cross a line a jeopardize your friendship and that is definately not good. Am I saying you've crossed that line? No I'm not. It does however seem like you may be in danger of crossing that line soon. Asking is one thing, pushing is another. Just be careful.