Bikers

Aunty Em

I did from when I was 21 until 13 years ago... I stopped when I was 5 months pregnant... it affects your balance. My ex still does... Harley Sportster... damn his eyes!

markjs

Banned
Aunty Em said:
I did from when I was 21 until 13 years ago... I stopped when I was 5 months pregnant... it affects your balance. My ex still does... Harley Sportster... damn his eyes!

I ride a motorcycle but it is a Honda so it doesn't count as being a biker around here.

Aunty Em

I rode several hondas and a suzuki. Most would say I wasn't a biker cos I'm a girl... tell that to the shop assistants who used to call me sir when I had my gear on! :rolleyes: :rofl4:

tonksy

i absolutely love to ride a motorcycle, but i have no desire to drive one myself.

tonksy
rides bitch.

Aunty Em

I've never ridden pillion... too many of my friends have been killed or severely injured doing just that... I prefer to be in control, then I have only myself to blame. :)

EDIT: Oops, I've just realised that's a lie... I rode on my uncles bike when I was 6 - scared the shit out of me and probably explains why I prefer to ride it myself... plus I still get travel sick when I'm not riding/driving. I can't read on a bus, train or ferry... it makes me want to puke! :shrug:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Please refine your question. In this day of overly obnoxious eco-terrorists & voluntarily overworked yuppies biker may mean some version of Schwinn 10 speed or trucking your pussified Harley to Sturgis fora weekend warrior getaway.

Some of us, on the other hand are (or were as the case may be) riders of motorcycles which includes fixing broken clutch cables on the side of the road in the pouring rain while our black leather jacket gets heavier by the moment & loving every minute.

chcr

Too cute for words
Gonz said:
loving every minute.

Well, loving every minute? :D

I ride a motorcycle but it is a Honda so it doesn't count as being a biker around here.

I'm not a biker, I'm a motorcyclist. I used to have a t-shirt (not as accurate now as it was then) that said, "If Harley-Davidson made an airplane, would you fly in it?" Now I wouldn't buy one because I don't want to be identified with yuppie jerk-off wannabees. Oh, yeah, and they're horrendously overpriced.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
chcr said:
Well, loving every minute? :D

Okay, not while you're soaking wet but I was making a point :D

I wanna '46 Indian Chief. Harleys are fun. Overpriced but fun.

Dave

i dont know how to ride a motorcycle.
probably just as well.
would more than likely kill myself on the fool thing.
god knows i've wiped out on 10-speeds enough. usually by going too fast.

Oz

Gonz said:
Please refine your question. In this day of overly obnoxious eco-terrorists & voluntarily overworked yuppies biker may mean some version of Schwinn 10 speed or trucking your pussified Harley to Sturgis fora weekend warrior getaway.

Some of us, on the other hand are (or were as the case may be) riders of motorcycles which includes fixing broken clutch cables on the side of the road in the pouring rain while our black leather jacket gets heavier by the moment & loving every minute.

Exactly..............There is a big difference between being a biker and being "plastic pig" (japanese bike hanger onner), a "lard arse" (middle aged fat arse riding a harley) and a true biker :)

markjs

Banned
Well I am a biker if it means do I ride a motorcycle and do my own maintenence and repairs...but it's still a Honda....

rrfield

Gonz said:

Yeah, I'm a Spree man myself :lloyd:

Aunty Em

Gonz said:

I've never had a clutch cable snap on me while on a run, though I did have a front brake cable go! That was fun! Fortunately my brother was with me and went and got me a replacement so I could fix it. Usually it was just little things like fuses blowing or punctures. One bike though used to play up if the spark plugs got really wet in heavy rain, spluttering and coughing down the road, so I made up some umberella style covers out of an old inner tube and taped them around the plug cables and over the plugs to protect them. It looked quite funny, but it worked. I was always very hot on regular maintenance. :D

Spliffy

ok im sorry. I ment biker as in someone who rides a motorcycle. And over here a Biker is just someone who loves to ride them. Any bike. I guess over in some places a biker is a thug on a Harley or something.

I have the new CBR RR Fireblade and a 2002 YZF R1 :)

Motorbikes are in my blood. My dad had one before he died. My mum has one and my step dad has one. Plus a lot of my other family members have too.