Being an American

PostCode

Major contributor!
My wife has a real possibility to be activated for duty in New Orleans.

My wife now has to worry about being shot at by criminals roaming the very streets of a city she may very be sent to to help.

Today I am ashamed to be called an American when we have American people in our own country shooting at the very people, fellow Americans, there to help them, looting the stores and stealing things completely irrelevant to the survival of their own lives.

I'm ashamed that the very people, the police, who are supposed to be stopping this, they themselves are also taking part in these crimes. I'm ashamed to see police stop buses that were bound for a hospital and force those buses to take out people who could walk...at gun point.

Today I'm ashamed to be an American.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
What about the millions of Americans that are donating blood, money, time, goods to the clean-up effort? What about people, like your wife, who have chosen to volunteer in the US military, going to help the hundreds of thousands that aren't acting like fools? What about corporations like Wal-Mart or Anheuser Busch who are donating millions in cash & goods to assist?

Americans are doing good. Idiots are (happily) in short supply.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Gonz said:
What about the millions of Americans that are donating blood, money, time, goods to the clean-up effort? What about people, like your wife, who have chosen to volunteer in the US military, going to help the hundreds of thousands that aren't acting like fools? What about corporations like Wal-Mart or Anheuser Busch who are donating millions in cash & goods to assist?

Americans are doing good. Idiots are (happily) in short supply.

Unfortunatly it is the idiot that sticks out of the crowd, the ones you see the news stories on, the ones that stick in your mind.

And it is the idiots that will make it dangerous to be called up to active duty in N.O.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Gonz said:
Shoot to kill. We need fewer idiots.

looters in an emergency situation, isn't that SOP, if nto it should be, it is MARTIAL law after all.

Throw the PC caring, they need help crap out the window, and bring in the full metal jacket solution.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I agree. However, can you imagine the holy hell that would follow a couple of headshot looters by the unfriendly press?

This is a no-win political problem. We now need leaders, not pols.

Prof said:
Can't. They're voters.

Democrats. ;)

PostCode

Major contributor!
I commend those putting forth aid. I really do. America, I believe, stands out among nations in providing relief efforts among nations of the world. But, this makes those very efforts seem pointless. People are going in and trying to help people who need help...in the process they are getting shot are, beaten up, and who knows what else is going on down there. I can only imagine...

Then there are those people in there that are genuinely in need of help and are being neglected. What about the shop owner who got the crap beat out of him by looters, while police stood by and watched....and they never stopped it.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Individual acts need to be rectified. As a whole, Americans are not at fault. In fact, we're the solution. Missy is greater than 100 bad guys. Don't let them win (shoot to kill)

catocom

A friend of mine owns a bus line.
He left early this morning with 3 buses. 2 filled with water, food....
He said he's also taking some fire power.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Gonz said:
I agree. However, can you imagine the holy hell that would follow a couple of headshot looters by the unfriendly press?

damn the press, upset some people, but it will stop the looting, in times of emergecy it is the results that matter.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
paul_valaru said:
damn the press, upset some people, but it will stop the looting, in times of emergecy it is the results that matter.

Remove the press from the area, and all you'll get is the occasional cell-phone picture...unless we use some of these...:devious:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
In case anyone in national security is reading this, get the word to President Bush that we need the military in here NOW. The Active Duty Armed Forces. Mr. President, we are losing this city. I don't care what you're hearing on the news. The city is being lost. It is the law of the jungle down here. The command and control structure here is barely functioning. I'm not sure it's anyone's fault -- I'm not sure it could be any other way at this point. We need the kind of logistical support and infrastructure only the Active Duty military can provide. The hospitals are in dire straights. The police barely have any capabilities at this point. The National Guard is doing their best, but the situation is not being contained. I'm here to help in anyway I can, but my capabilities are limited and dropping. Please get the military here to maintain order before this city is lost.