Any word on the shoutbox?

tonksy

Fury, Good to see you.
Fry up some spam cubes and mix them with your ramen. You can make a can stretch through 3 meals easy.

Professur

How're your brothers? Jeez, I've got a hundred questions buzzing. Been too long, man. Far too long.

You don't have to run straight for the prime rib for protien. Beans or peanuts will do. And with the harvests coming in, they'll be cheap at the farmer's market. Jsut something to boost the meal a little. All that starch has gotta be ruining your plumbing.
Screw it. You're not here for a lecture on good eating.

How are you? I know you were still pretty shakey last time we talked.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Spam is expensive too :eek: I guess if I try and stretch it through several meals it's not too bad.

My brothers have mostly calmed down and now have their anger directed toward dad's wife when she's around. I really don't approve of her methods of "parenting" and overbearingness, but she isn't really doing legally provable harm to them. I never feel comfortable around her or her family because of the way she treats the kids and the way she treats me when we're out. She once told me that I reflect badly on my mother because of the way I hold my fork. :retard:

At least she's not a drunk.

Myself, I'm doing a bit better now that I've got some income. Tends to boost the self-esteem the more self-sufficient I get. I'm still bumming money off of dad for small things like my cell phone bill, sometimes gas money, and the occasional transmission rebuild. But I pay $582/mo in rent, $80/mo in power, $120-200/mo for lunch at work, $180-250/mo in gas (depending on the prices and my driving habits), $198/mo for my server, and $too much/mo for my credit card bills (until that loan comes through) which all adds up to a lot of stuff that I am able to pay most of the time. Makes me feel like I'm starting to become a producer rather than a consumer.

It's amazing what a boost having a good job and a fun place to work at gives you. $14/hr for programming, playing around with computer and audio equipment, and being an unofficial IT guy (fixing most the problems introduced by the official IT department here) ain't too bad at all.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
After I went out to Holiday World with them once and witnessed her telling everyone that we couldn't have soft drinks because the kids aren't allowed to have them, I think anything's possible.

So, in that case, what's up, sis? :beerbang:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
$50 a week is insane. What the hell are you driving that costs that much? My van didn't cost that much, and I was spending 8 hours a week in traffic, over 20 miles total.

I'm burning right around that...of course I've driven about 7000km in 12 weeks...:shrug:

BTW *sticks leg out for fury*

Good you see you!!! :hug:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Wow man, sounds like you've been having lots of that thing called life.

Good to see you around.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Good to see you again & great to see you're doing as well as you are.

Ramen noodels have gotten every poor kollege kid thru school.

chcr

Too cute for words
Shit. Prolly missed you but howdy anyway. Good to hear about the job and school. Most the people I know have been through the old "ramen and rent" business. It'll get better but you know that already. Sorry to hear about the wicked stepmom deal.
She once told me that I reflect badly on my mother because of the way I hold my fork
See, right there I'd probably have asked if she's looked into having that bug surgically removed from her ass. If I'd been feeling polite (you can probably tell that doesn't happen very often) I might have just left the table and the house. There is no reason on earth to accept being treated that way.

Anyway, keep up the good work and try not to let those credit cards get the best of you. It took me until I was about thirty to learn that lesson so you're doing okay.

catocom

Hey Sam or fury, what version of shoutbox are you using?
and what ver of vB?
You can pm me if you don't want to post it.

Also, have you seen any spike in bandwith from it?

highwayman

From word I had from another forum, 3.5.0 is a very active program but quite stable...3.6.0 should be an improvement...

catocom

well 3.6.4 is a good thing, but if you try to use SB 2.1 (from the vhackers site)
with any vB ver above 3.6.1, there is somekind of bug.
2.1 doesn't like it when spiders ar crawling.

SB 2.1 uses a flatfile instead of the database.
Supposed to cut down on server usage, but I can't see it.:shrug: