About damn time.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Link

ONEIDA, KY. - We are on the verge – within 10 years – of a major collapse of evangelical Christianity. This breakdown will follow the deterioration of the mainline Protestant world and it will fundamentally alter the religious and cultural environment in the West.

But they say it like it is a bad thing.

The joy of religious freedom is the freedom FROM religion.

People are free to practice their religions, but the beliefs of those religions should not be used to dictate government.

I see the downfall of religion in the west as the start of a golden age.

MrBishop

Link

But they say it like it is a bad thing.

The joy of religious freedom is the freedom FROM religion.

People are free to practice their religions, but the beliefs of those religions should not be used to dictate government.

I see the downfall of religion in the west as the start of a golden age.
Not downfall of religion, per se...more of a downfall of RELIGION™.
:banana:

I was once told if you were in a church and they greeted you with love, then that was of God, and if not, then not. I know many of the fundamental whackjobs I've met are more into what everyone else does wrong and trying to stop them or condemn them for it. If there is a Jesus watching that, I guarantee you it does not please him.

valkyrie

This is good news.

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I no more want a Christian government to rule me than a Muslim government to rule me.

Church should definitely stay out of government. Thing is though if you look closely at some churches they really are pushing the envelope and should probably be taxed.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
This is good news.

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I no more want a Christian government to rule me than a Muslim government to rule me.

I wish people would quit overlooking that part. A cross on the City Square? So what. A Menorah in a Court window. So what?

Religion isn't the problem. Some of its followers are.

I wish people would quit overlooking that part. A cross on the City Square? So what. A Menorah in a Court window. So what?

Religion isn't the problem. Some of its followers are.

Definitely agreed there! I mean when you can't display a nativity scene in public on Christmas, it's ridiculous. I don't think government dollars should ever fund it, nor should it ever be shoved in anyone's face, but if the people there want to do decorations on their own who freakin' cares?!? So long as they aren't trying to tell me why I am wrong and they are right. If these damn atheists that get so freakin' offended by this really fully believed as they profess to it seems to me they'd take it more as a joke.

It is such a petty stupid issue raised by petty stupid people....

chcr

Too cute for words
I've long felt that all the histrionics surrounding religion (especially in this country) for the last few decades were really the death throes of a dying institution. Obviously I'm not the only one who's noticed. Thought the source of the story was interesting though.

And Gonz? Religion is the problem. Some of it's followers aren't.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef

I have no real problem with those, but when you think religion is too involved in gov't it is a natural reaction to fight ANY religion involved in gov't, even harmless displays.