4 Tonksy and Slim...U won't believe

simplyred

You won't believe what's changed....

1. City Tortilla Factory has taken over the store next door and EXPANDED
2. The Patio Bar no longer looks like a cute little barn, it has been painted baby blue with red trim
3. The Getaway has reopened
4. There are 2 new hotels in Ingleside
5. Ingleside has a McDonalds
6. There is a georgous new apartment complex next to that crapy apartment complex Slim and I used to live in
7. Ingleside Navy base has base housing in Aransas!!! IT'S BEAUTIFUL!
8. The Bareback closed, lost it liquor liscense, reopened as the "Backwoods", regained liscensing, and is busier than Tom-Dick-&Harry's on a Friday night!
9. PORTLAND HAS A WALMART
10. PORTLAND HAS A CHILIS WITH A FULL SERVICE BAR
11. PORTLAND HAS A MOVIE THEATRE
12. Portland has a Quizno's, KFC, Cato, and a whole new strip mall
13. Remember the apartment complex on the water where you guys lived, and I lived with the girls? It still looks the same :)
14. Remember that big guy I dated from one of the small boys (little ships) that fell in love because I beat him at darts and I kept running away from him, but he was a really good dancer? He is a Walmart greeter at the NEW Walmart in Aransas Pass.

PS I had breakfast at City Tortilla Factory this morning! :D

tonksy

Fuck you and your City Tortilla! :grumpy:
Okay...I'm highly jealous!
Now I SERIOUSLY want to move to Portland!

simplyred

I know! I can't believe how much it has grown!

Prof? Sorry you feel left out. These are two little bitty town outside of Corpus Christi where Slim and Tonksy were stationed in the Navy. And the City Tortilla Factory has the best breakfast tacos on the planet.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
City Tortilla? :lol:

Come down and I'll get you some hand-made tortillas ;)

simplyred

Luis G said:
City Tortilla? :lol:

Come down and I'll get you some hand-made tortillas ;)

These are hand made! Fresh each morning...they are soooooooo good. And last night I had home made tamales my friend's mom made that put me under the table they were so good! You just can't get tamales like that in Louisiana!

Slim Pickens

Can I PLEASE get some samples...I REALLY want a chorizo, egg, and cheese breakfast taco from CTF...and a barbacoa, egg and cheese, PLEASE!!!!

*Wonders when we are all moving back to Portland...remembers he has LOTS of credits at the used book store

tonksy

I love love love barbacoa! Can I getting a fucking breakfast special tortilla? potato, sausage, and hot pepper paste all mixed together in a tortilla...*DROOL
Luis? They barely speak english at City Tortilla. These are some good tortillas!

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
tonksy said:
I love love love barbacoa! Can I getting a fucking breakfast special tortilla? potato, sausage, and hot pepper paste all mixed together in a tortilla...*DROOL

Have you ever tried buried barbacoa? That's supposed to be the old way of cooking it, personally I've never tried it, but they say it is awesome.

tonksy

I can not say how they cook it. If it's one thing I've learned in all my wanderings it's that when it comes to ethnic food it's best not to ask too many questions.

simplyred

Daniel's Momma made the tamales. (I don't know what she said to me but she touched my face alot) ANd that's what I had was a breakfast special. Tomorow morning my brother's girlfriend is making breakfast taco's before we go to the beach, so we'll see if we are letting her into the family...

You guys can move back here, and I'll come visit. This place has nothing left for me after a two week visit!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
simplyred said:
Daniel's Momma made the tamales. (I don't know what she said to me but she touched my face alot) ANd that's what I had was a breakfast special. Tomorow morning my brother's girlfriend is making breakfast taco's before we go to the beach, so we'll see if we are letting her into the family...

You guys can move back here, and I'll come visit. This place has nothing left for me after a two week visit!

Is Payton visiting with you?

Slim Pickens

Yes, she took Payton to see her Daddy (he is stationed in Ingleside). We still have some friends down there from when she woked in Corpus while we were all stationed there. Her brother moved down there, and stayed, as did she who should not be named in the presence of Tonksy or Red