1 minute lesson - reality vs. altered beauty

MrBishop

Just in case you ever wanted to know exactly how much 'airbrushing' is involved in static advertising.

Got a minute?

*by airbrushing, I mean all the alterations pre and post photography that go into a poster/billboard etc...

chcr

Too cute for words
The bitch on the billboard's a babe but that first one's kinda plain... :lloyd:

Seriously, are there people who believe that someone actually looks like that?

MrBishop

Yeah...usually teenage girls who try anything to look just like the models in the magazine. :(

Hence, bulimia, breast-enhancments, and botox.

chcr

Too cute for words
Well, it does thin out the stupid ones...

Just kidding, Bish. Just kidding...

kellyg

I used to meet girls in bars all the time that looked like the billboard, problem was, the next mornin' they looked like the girl at the beginning!:retard3:

chcr

Too cute for words
I used to meet girls in bars all the time that looked like the billboard, problem was, the next mornin' they looked like the girl at the beginning!:retard3:

Actually, the girl at the beginning was pretty. She looked human though.

The billboard girl definitely looked a bit weird though. Probably because we saw it happen.

BB

oh i don't know, i've worked with a fair few models ..most of them are freakin stunners ..oddly, they look much sexier before all the palava ... cus they look real.

still freakin stunning though.

worked with a page 3 "bimbo" for a cable channel a short while back .. lovely girl, really quite intelligent, and very switched-on. :shrug:

*edit** -you DO realise of course that they used every trick in the book to make the model look crap on the opening shot?

BlurOfSerenity

i realise that not all models are naturally that... homely. but like, even celebritits. some of them look uglier than us "little people" without their hair stylists and makeup people.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member

I do, I've seen some bitches uglier than the one in the ad :lol:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
A model has the foundation to work from. Angles, shapes, lines.

Living in Hollyweird for all those years had some drawbacks. There are several acting folks that would scare the hell out of Leatherface before makeup.

kellyg

Actually, the girl at the beginning was pretty. She looked human though.

The billboard girl definitely looked a bit weird though. Probably because we saw it happen.
You're right, she was pretty, I was just talking about the perception (beer) in the bar vs. the next morning. :toast:

chcr

Too cute for words
You're right, she was pretty, I was just talking about the perception (beer) in the bar vs. the next morning. :toast:

The girls do in fact get prettier at closing time, don't they? I can't remember where I heard it now, but the best line I ever heard about that was, "Woke up with something that would make a freight train take a back road."