Hey, MitchShaft

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Now that we are allowed to discuss it, how's the getting married and having a baby thing going? :)

MitchSchaft

Yeah!!! I can no longer be hushed!!!

Well, last month was real weird! First, I get a new job. Which is awesome because it's a good paying job and doing something related to my career of choice and I like it a lot. Helpdesk for Hilton hotels.
Then a couple weeks after that I actually have enough to buy a ring. I gave here the ring. Cool, we're gettin 'married in like a year or 2 'n stuff.
1 week later we find out she's pregnant! And I hope it's a boy! I'm realy excited about that. Dont' know how to describe it.
So, we had originally planned on gettin' married 14June03. Now we decided it would be best to push it up by over a year. And no big wedding like planned before either. We were ready to dump $12k out of our own pockets for this thing. I was willing to do that just to make her happy and so I won't have to hear about her bitch about it later in life about her not having a big fabulous wedding.
So, we've decided to go down to the courthouse on May17th. We're just gonna invited our immediate family and go out to dinner afterwards. That's my kind of wedding! Only costs $30 and free dinner! We'll see what happens after that. She already bought a new car. A '99 Honda Accord LX. I inherited her '95 Nissan Sentra and sold my '87 nissan pickup for $500. Things are working out so far. I just hope it's a boy.
She gets her first ultrasound Thursday!

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Wow that all sounds great! Everythings turning up roses down there for you! Do you get to go for the ultrasound? That is so exciting the first time! :D

We really regret spending the big bucks on the fancy schmancy wedding. The things we'd have had if we'd saved the money. But it's personal for everyone so congratulations and enjoy!

(note - like I said before, I must strongly recommend against boys. I have 3 aged 8, 6, and 4 :eek: )

Good luck to both of you, it all sounds wonderful! :D

sbcanada

Relax guy... girls can be good to... she can be your little daddy's girl and you can take her to ballet lessons every Tuesday in your future minivan... :D

MitchSchaft

My mom had 3 boys and 1 girl:). I'm definately glad we're not wasting all that money on a 2 hour event. I was against it in the first place, but didn't say anything.
I have to work during the ultrasound, but my mom's going with. We get a pic of it, too, and I'm going to post it on my website as soon as I figure out how:D.