New contest

resolution of the screen...but even though things may look different sizes at different screen resolutions if youprint them out (providing they have the same pixels/inch values) they will all be the same size. In Photoshop you can set pixels/inch when you make a new file...whatever that value would then be what you would need to use as your dimensions :)

Nixy said:
resolution of the screen...but even though things may look different sizes at different screen resolutions if youprint them out (providing they have the same pixels/inch values) they will all be the same size. In Photoshop you can set pixels/inch when you make a new file...whatever that value would then be what you would need to use as your dimensions :)
Yeah, I think its 72x72.

Most print media is in a resolution of 300dpi, in which case it would have to be 300x300.

Windows' typical resolution is 72dpi.

Here's something I put together real quick. It looks big on screen, but when you print it it's 1 inch by 1 inch. The text seems to look a little small when I print it, but that can be worked on a bit.

I also made sure to save it in .tif format before I saved another copy in .jpg format, so if it wins, it can go to print minus the JPEG artifacts.

I'll just have to make some new ones. 200x200 at least or 300x300, whatever the official concensus becomes. Those last few I made were at 96x96 pixels and my monitor runs at 1024x768

Here's one I made at 200x200. I recreated the 3d banger myself. I was going to add a beard and make it a beard banger, but I had trouble making the beard look right. That's why he has brown eyebrows. I will add the beard later when I can make it look right.

I know the arm looks a little long compared with your official logo, but I though "oh well".

Also, I made a tiff of this, too.

Does Squiggy have a version without the 3D shiny effects added? If it goes into production, the flexible clear plastic layer on top of the printed logo will provide the shiny 3D effects.

Here's one more. I got a semi-decent goatee on this one. The bearded headbanger I created still looks like crap though.

Here be another one. Hey admins? Even if I lose (which is more than likely), can I take my stuff and make my own case badges for myself and to give away? Assuming anyone else would want them, that is. :D

Back