Now here's a cool plant...

HeXp£Øi±

I used to have a venus flytrap when i was a kid. It didn't get many flies in my house so i'd squeeze a few drops of blood from a raw steak every couple of days to feed it.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Encarta has a video of those plants. Or at least it used to have one back in 1995.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
woah, that blood like colours makes the plant look scary and devilish.

greenfreak

They had mini plants like that in my nursery, I would never get anything like that though. I like pretty and delicate, not scary and carnivorous. :)

fi

<i>Dionaea muscipula</i>. Each "trap" is actually only one leaf, believe it or not - it's evolved into those two halves. There's a little hair trigger thing that provokes a reflex action when touched, hence the "trap".

Sorry. Sad botanist alert. :rolleyes:

Aunty Em

I like them, but I don't think it would go well with my cat... he sticks his nose in everything! :eek:

BlurOfSerenity

i want a carnicorous plant SOOOOO BADLY.
but i know i'd kill it... i've kill't quite a few plants :(

... most have lived, i'm pleased to say; but i'm neglectful of them :(

MrBishop

I keep one just above my kitchen sink...helps curb the fruit flies coming from the composter under the sink...very easy to care for if you keep it in a sunny location. :)

HeXp£Øi±

When i was in highschool i had a pot plant growing in my room. It was all of about six inches tall. My dad came in my room once and asked me if it was pot., I told him it was radishes.

Is that dope?

No dad it's radishes.

:D

Inkara1

Isn't it kinda easy to tell the difference?

You should have told him it was hemp you were growing to make a rope... and hand him a dollar bill with the famous "I grew hemp" voice bubble pointing toward Washington's face stamped on it.