I'm alone.

greenfreak

For the first time in months, I'm alone in the house and will be sleeping alone too. :(

My boyfriend has to go into the city tomorrow and because of the impending transit strike tomorrow, he had to go into his parent's house tonight in Brooklyn.

It's weird being here by myself. Even when I wasn't able to be with Rusty, I was working and staying in hotels so it was him that was here alone. Now that it's me, I know why he said it's so lonely.

How do you feel about being alone in the house for a few hours? Overnight? I used to be fine with it when I lived alone but I got used to Rusty being here.

*turns music up loud for background noise*

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Pfft...Alone is what started me on forums...I've been alone so much for so long , I forget what its like to have someone around. The only other lifeforms in this house are my sons. And they don't speak to me....

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I often stay home alone due to dad's frequent business trips where he stays for 2-3 days at a time, but I am fine with it, because I got a sledgehammer and a pipe I can use to defend myself if need be, although it's not like there's anything in here worth stealing.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
personally i like the quietness and freedom of being alone...

wouldn't want to be alone for the rest of my life, not at all, but being alone for a few days can be really nice...just relaxing and spending some time with just....yourself :)

Jon

yeah I like being alone most of the time as well. mainly due to the fact that it enables me to get work done, and when i'm done with that, i can just kick back and put some chilled out music on and fall to sleep :)

AlladinSane

I don't think I will ever get used of not being alone. In fact I enjoy having a time just for myself. I always will... Don't worry sweetie we're here for you *huggles greenfreak* :wave: :hug:

greenfreak

That's what I though too-that I would never get used to always having someone around me at home. But it didn't take long, really. After 6 years of living alone, I thought it was going to be tough but it wasn't at all.

Rusty just called to let me know he got there ok. He's such a good egg, my Rusty. :love:

AlladinSane

I think it's a sagitarius thing. I read in some place that's a karma for sagitarians to learn living alone; if you believe...

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Good advice no matter what your sign is. You never know when you'll have to do it, so might as well learn how. Kinda like fapping. :headbang:

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
I love being alone. But not for more than about 2 - 3 nights, I begin to miss the cuddling and stuff.

Dave

i dont mind being alone. the g/f (diana) often works doubles and our regular schedule rarely is in synch as far as days off go so i adapted.
after a rough nite at work, i can actually look forward to having the house to myself for awhile.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
AlladinSane said:
I think it's a sagitarius thing. I read in some place that's a karma for sagitarians to learn living alone; if you believe...

blech, all the astrology :bs:
never understood how positions of stars influence huge amount of people born in the same period of a year, as defined by humans...

leo over here, and i like being alone as well.

AlladinSane

Leo and Sagittarius are both fire signs :D lol. I don't how it could afects us either, but you can't deny that it works in a certain way. More often than not, people tend to have features of their signs.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
AlladinSane said:
More often than not, people tend to have features of their signs.

errr...those people always write the horoscopes in such a general way that there is always something that applies to the people who read them...that's the big trick :)
maybe there is some truth behind astrology, i don't know...don't value them at all though :)

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I love the precious little time that I get alone. That is one of the reasons I'm an insomniac, It allows me an hour or two a day to be by myself.

greenfreak

:eek: No thanks!! :D

I stayed up an hour and a half later than usual but I still had a little trouble falling asleep. It was ok, but I still took notice of every single sound. I made sure the Louisville Slugger was in the closet. :D

If I know I'll have a few hours alone, I actually prefer that every once in a while. Like Shadow said, it's nice to spend time with yourself too. I don't like sleeping alone though.

I did get about 40 pictures scanned and half of them uploaded to my website though! It was a productive night. :)