editing posts

highwayman

I have seen that problem not just here but other sites that use this version of software... I give it 15 seconds and if it still hangs go to advanced then post...

BTW have you tried alt-s to post? it does not hang as often....

chcr

Too cute for words
I've had the problem too. Figured it was just me, went to advanced and fixed it. I assumed it was an IE7 issue (doesn't seem to happen in Firefox but I don't come here in Firefox very often) but I don't think unc uses IE7.

Edit: testing, 1, 2, 3... testing

Edit too: Seems fine now.

catocom

I didn't have a problem with it, until I tried to edit a tread I had just started.
The quick edit (ajax) hung, but advanced worked fine.

Scanty

My editing posts just plain doesn't work. I waited for one to edit for a good few minutes before giving up.

Inkara1

I would have problems every now and then as well... I just figured maybe the whole site went down for a second or something, since the server has to be contacted and stuff has to be loaded even though the little "loading" icon never animates for it.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I think the problem relies in the different interface for posting. If you notice the page doesn't reload completely after doing a quick edit. Dunno much about ajax but something must be timing out.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Huh. I thought it was me.

I still forget every time, so I usually just hit Go Advanced when it's hanging and then Save, and it ends up going through just fine.

catocom

any trouble editing in the SB?
It's ajax too.
If it's ok, then maybe the counters just need updating or something???

catocom

nope, edit not working right, in the SB.
Could be an ajax prob.:shrug:

It seems to do right, but the edit doesn't hold.

unclehobart

I have also noticed another curiosity... but am unaware if it has been there all along or not.

If you are in a thread that you have already posted in and make another post, the post you just made will have your true postcount... but all of the others on the page you can see will all be off by one. Hit refresh, reload.. whatever... the postcounts will correct appropriately. Is that some kind of anomaly or has it always been that way?

catocom

IMHO, I'd update the post, and thread counters/info.
never any harm done there, that I've heard of, or seen.

admincp>maintainance>update counters>...

unclehobart

I swore never to touch the delicate clockwork. I have a way of destroying computer stuff. Best to leave it to someone without a black cloud in tow.