admins mods and such

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
this is how i see it, right now there are 2 admins.

me: just an overall admin, change things when i can and supply the site.
Fury: technical admin any problems or update/hacks to add, things of that nature.

SBcanada and S4: supermods they can wander freely in any of the forums and help any mods in their capacity.

voted mods: when polls start going up members will vote for them for different forums. the amount of mods would depend on the traffic of the forum might need 2 might need more for any particular forum, like i said it will depend on the traffic.

samcurry

Staff member
Me :D technically there is no hiring,only volunteers.
I wish i could pay people but its just not feasible.

sbcanada

Well s4 is a cool guy and all, but in my opinion he's being a big baby and doesn't deserve to be a mod with the way he's acting. You know, threatening to leave, starting some huge cat fat with unclehobart. ;)

krusty

Window Licker
s4 is a drama queen... always has been.

He'd make a good moderator because he is passionate about these discussion boards... in fact he's got personality and he's not afraid to show when he's pissed off.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
I'm confused a bit. S4 has stated over at HWC that he will never visit these boards again (a repeat of his statements as such here).

Has he reconsidered... have things been worked out? I kinda like s4 (like people who speak their minds, even if over dramatic about it), and think he would make a good mod (would probably be fair) but, well, if he's not going to visit the board, that would be a bit difficult.

?(

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
hmm... read the other "mods" thread... so s4 said he wouldn't come back, but he has, but he's leaving again... he doesn't want to be mod, but now he's a super mod...

:D

What a damn soap opera!

:headbang:

krusty

Window Licker
It's way funny...

But for those of us who know s4 well.. he always does this... I think his blood sugar levels get low... lol... he'll be back.

samcurry

Staff member
because without an admin nobody would be able to put the mods into position, or we could just set the 2 supermods and then that would be it. nobody would be able to set up the mods.
and well you know the saying klown,
"if its to hot in the kitchen..."

G

Well you aren't the only one that is confused.

I am going to straighten this thing out with Hobart right now. I publicly apologize for implying you would be a stoodge for JJR. I was wrong for implying that. It was baseless. However, I think it was a little pretentious for Unc to make his first or one of the first posts inquiring about being a moderator.

Emotions got carried away yesterday and when fury told me to take my medicine for being paranoid, I hit the roof. I wouldn't have done that except that I considered Fury a good friend, and he is a administrator here. That comment really set the tone for everything else that went on.

The reason I said that I was leaving is because Fury is one of the admins here. If it had be just another member that said that about me being paranoid then I would have laughed it off. Since he is an admin, I took it that I was not going to get along here very well.

I'll tell you what I am going to do. I'll come back later in the day to see what people are saying. If people are agreement to have me as a mod then I will do it, if not then I wont.

G

I am glad because I really think you are not a bad guy Unc. I've had several chats with you and enjoyed them.

I think Fury and I would probably both agree that emotions got carried away. This is nothing new for the ot forum. It may have been the first time for this forum, but the old HWC ot forum was like that quite a bit.

Hopefully, we can all put this behind us. I certainly don't like spending my time on the web being angry, and I am sure many of you feel the same way.

If you people were to keep me on as a mod, I would like to talk next about making JustinTime a moderator. He has wanted it very badly. I am confident he would do a good job.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
This is really none of my business, but I would just like to say how happy I am that you all are resolving this and moving on. I'd really like this to be a happy escape for myself and for everybody, thanks all involved for making the effort. :)

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Originally posted by s4
If you people were to keep me on as a mod, I would like to talk next about making JustinTime a moderator. He has wanted it very badly. I am confident he would do a good job.
I also think JustinTime would make a good moderator. However, what is the policy going to be? Are some moderators going to be appointed, and some chosen by the members? For some reason, I'm thinking that might not work out so well. Maybe I'm wrong.

Don't get me wrong, my feathers aren't ruffled or anything, but I think it's probably better to establish how things are done up front. If some of the initial mods are going to be "hand picked", then they probably all should. That's fine, and all later mods could be voted in, but picking a couple and putting the rest in a lottery might not be the wisest thing.

Of course, this isn't my site, so do what you wish. I would just rather see something other than the current HWC way of the royalty appointing mods. Personally, I would have felt better if you and sbcanada had been voted in as "super mods" instead of being handed the position by the admins. Of course, I have no problem with either of you, and would have voted in support of it, but there's something to that whole "of the people, by the people, for the people" thing.

G

Fury and I talked about JustinTime. We thought that if we took a vote on him that people would vote him in with no problems.

I agree that maybe a vote should have been taken on all of us, but when the original ot forum came in there was no mod at all. We needed somebody to be a mod to start with.

I have openly asked if people want me as mod and nobody has said that they definetly don't want me in. I have apologized to Unclehobart, and we are cool once again.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
I have no problem with you being mod, I would have said so otherwise. I was a bit surprised that sbcanada was the lone supermod when I wandered in here the other day... was expecting to see you there as well.

Anyway, as long as things are being done that way, why don't you discuss with Fury about me being a mod in The Real World forum. I really am interested in being a moderator in a serious debate and discussion forum (and I hope that's where that forum develops).

I haven't been all that vocal about my wish to be a mod (other than saying to put my name in the hat) because I thought they were all going to be voted in, and that time just hasn't come yet. But hey, if it's based on talks with Fury and how much someone wants the position, then my hand is up.